Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing 22

I decided to check out Busuu and I think some of the features would be ok. For example, a student would be able to find an online chat pal there and listen to the language being spoken. A lot of the features are "premium" features and that costs money. There are free sites that are just as good or better, so I wouldn't recommend this to my students.

Bamzooki doesn't have anything to do with French, but I thought it might be fun to have students describe their robots and maybe write about who won, describe the fight, etc. I don't think we could use this because it requires a download and that needs special permission. I have to admit that I had trouble figuring out what to do since the tools don't have any tutorials with them. My first attempt was an embarassment, so I'm not sharing that :) I had legs coming out all over the robot bug. I think students would probably like it, but they have to be under 15 to make an account (or say they're under 15). Some of the other robot-building sites may be better since this one didn't tell you how to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment