Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thing 23

I definitely got some new ideas and I'm just sad that I can't have more computers in my classroom so I can actually implement them. With all the budget cuts, we probably won't see much expansion for computer labs and classroom computers for several years. Some of the things we learned about, like Voicethreads, would be great for activities and a real time-saver in class. I loved some of the alternatives to PowerPoint shows due to their versatility and simplicity. I'll definitely continue using the embed feature to access videos, songs, etc that I can use in the classroom. That's a great way to get around the website blocks that restrict us from accessing these materials. I can see myself using Google Reader to keep up with current events in the French-speaking world and also PageFlakes. I liked how the flakes could access local radio stations, post international times, show the weather, and other fun functions. I liked these things the best and I think they could easily be used in my classroom. Some others, like podcasting, might not work out well since there's no video to "see" what they're listening to or talking about. Beginner language students need more support with visuals so they know the context and can guess at vocabulary they don't immediately recognize. Still, there weren't really any other Things that I saw that wouldn't be useful in some way! This was a great course!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment